Project management should incorporate business continuity considerations. Evaluating business continuity needs during the planning stages of a project will allow management to determine compliance with business continuity requirements prior to implementation and to make adjustments in acquisition or development plans accordingly. In addition, advance project planning facilitates the development of a more robust system that supports the institutions business strategy and business continuity objectives. During the project initiation stage, project plans should address the following issues at a minimum:For additional information refer to the "Development and Acquisition Booklet" included in the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook.
- Business unit requirements for resumption and recovery alternatives;
- Information on back-up and storage;
- Hardware and software requirements at recovery locations;
- Maintenance of documentation supporting project decisions;
- Disaster recovery testing; and
- Staffing and facilities.
Change Control Policies