V.E Liquidity Considerations
The BCP should detail processes to address potential cash and liquidity needs during adverse events. During a disaster, power and communications systems may fail (e.g., inoperable ATMs or debit and credit card systems), requiring cash to fulfill customer and business needs. Arrangements to help meet liquidity needs may include:
- Emergency borrowing access.
- Alternative cash delivery.
- Procedures to secure, deliver, and distribute cash.
- Temporary purchase authority guidelines.
- Expense reimbursement options for personnel.
- Higher-limit credit cards or separate checking accounts, with designated individuals who can sign checks in emergency situations.
V.D Payment Systems
V.F Other Components